Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
34 posts
17,009 visits

Sacramento, California Salvation Army Help With Rent, Rent Deposit, Utilities and Food

friendshelpingfriends started this conversation

Family Services
4350 Raley Blvd, Ste. 200
Sacramento, CA 95838
(916) 678-4010

The Salvation Army - Sacramento is committed to serving the local community by providing a breadth of social service assistance:

Food Boxes
Tues, Wed & Thurs
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
6 times per year with 30-day waiting period between boxes.
  • Tuesdays-Wednesdays-Thursdays only 9 am to 3:30 pm.
  • I.D., Social Security card and proof of income required
  • Contents are non-perishable items.
  • Number of boxes received varies with number of people in household.
  • Walk in for service.
Rental Assistance
Move In and
Eviction Avoidance
$200 to $600
  • Must bring current month's 3 day pay or quit notice from landlord and complete rental agreement
  • Requires proof of hardship documentation.
  • Move in requires rental agreement or letter from landlord.
  • By zip code.
Utility Assistance
(Pacific Gas & Electric)
Up to $300
  • Current disconnect notice with documented hardship required in the past 60 days.
  • Monthly income and 2 pay stubs required.
  • Section 8 will only receive assistance with elderly or disabled in the home.
Utility Assistance
(Sac Municipal Utility Dist)
Up to $200
  • Must have a notice of termination of service or medical rate disconnect letter.
  • Cannot be used towards deposit or reconnection fees.
Water, Sewer & Garbage
City of Sacramento
Up to $100
  • Must be City of Sacramento homeowner or show proof that you are responsible for paying the utility bill.
  • Past due notice required.
Disaster Victims
Emergency Food, Clothing &
$100 per person in household.
  • Assistance may be in the form of vouchers.
  • Must have pre-registered with Red Cross/FEMA.
Emergency Lodging/Shelter
Motel Assistance
1 to 3 nights
  • Must have a transition into housing pending or a referral from a community agency.
  • Must be a resident of the County of Sacramento (by zip code).
Bus Tickets & Gasoline Vouchers
Not a stand alone assistance.
  • For gas voucher, must show valid California driver's license, current auto registration and current proof financial responsibility.
  • Must be a resident of the County of Sacramento.

Assistance programs based on residence, income qualifications and availability of funding.

Click here to add your comment...
littlelacie   in reply to dannyfrog29
I'm sorry, friendshelpingfriends has not been on this site for over 3 years so she must not be answering posts now.
Talk to littlelacie
sonshinesas   in reply to dannyfrog29
Try calling 211 for your local resource info.
Talk to sonshinesas
I've never been able to get anyone on the phone for help. Are you still helping people all I get is due to the high volume of calls we are unable to answer
Talk to dannyfrog29
mum of two
Hi . I'm a single mom of two ... I'm a care giver for the elderly I just finally got into my place two months ago .. I've been working for a year ... Finally get into my own place and my car breaks down ... With out my car I've been struggling to get to work ive lost Lots of work now I'm I'm facing eviction I've been doing everything I can. I am just afraid that me and my two girls are going to be homeless... And lose everything I've worked for
Talk to mum of two
fredo   in reply to bellamama35
You need to call SSI and tell them your situation has changed. They can help.
Talk to fredo
fredo   in reply to indadark
Go in person. They'll give you an appointment.
Talk to fredo
Help i have been disconnected.No eletric. My zip is 95816. I called cathlic church no funds. Where can i get help?
Talk to bigdeb
woman in a shoe   in reply to YoungGirlHugeWorld
Hi call 211 give city state tell them what u need help with they will give u a list of places c to call they help with rent light gas food and more God Bless
Talk to woman in a shoe
I am 21 years old. I just lost my job. I don't have any money for rent this month and its my first place. My rent is $579 and I'm looking for work. Going to interviews I just need a little bit of time. I'm scared I'm going to lose my place. Can anyone help?
Talk to YoungGirlHugeWorld
woman in a shoe   in reply to indadark
I have heard a lot of people say they not able to get though to them. But try this type need help city state read each one very carefully till u see the one that said help with bills hit on that one if u don't see it under city state than put county state u will see a list of places to call for help. God Bless you
Talk to woman in a shoe
It is very difficult to get thru the salvation army I've tried for three months now. What is the use of advertising assistance programs with this agency and one cannot get the help they need.
Talk to indadark
Hi im 21 and about to be homeless i dont have much family and the ones i have wont help im currently lost in what to do i need help getting on my feet can someone help?
Talk to dustinthewind
bellamama35   in reply to woman in a shoe
Thank you so much
Talk to bellamama35
woman in a shoe   in reply to bellamama35
Type in need help city state should get s list look though all of them till u fine the one u need rent gas lights water u mite to go on more than one pg good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
I am a mother of two have a heart condition my husband is out on disability until his surgery is done i also have my disabled aunt living with me who has copd and need constant Oxygen at all time since my husband went out on disability our bills are adding up i have a 3 year little girl that i need to think about my disability check just barley covers the rent so im in need of help if anyone can please help us
Talk to bellamama35
Hi I am a single mom or eight children I recently lost my job and what I had was just enough to cover the rent tomorrow our our electcity is getting shut off I tried to get there dad to help but no such luck I am struggling to take care of them and it feels like I have failed if there's anyone who could help me with anything I will be so grateful.
Talk to rosie18
Hi I am a single mom or eight children I recently lost my job and what I had was just enough to cover the rent tomorrow our our electcity is getting shut off I tried to get there dad to help but no such luck I am struggling to take care of them and it feels like I have failed if there's anyone who could help me with anything I will be so grateful.
Talk to rosie18
My fiance and I live in an apartment but are behind in rent because he hasn't been working. He works for a employment services and they haven't been calling him to work. He has tried so hard to look for work and is a hard worker. I am pregnant and I am going to college online. We are behind 600 in rent and this will be our second month of not being able to pay rent. We don't know what else to do. Can anyone help us to get help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Talk to babygirl014
i am trying to rent an apartment but i still need 600 dollars i will have the rest of the money when i get my assistance we just need the deposit if you could please help anything would be appriciated
Talk to micahboosmama
I found a place I can afford the landlords willing to work with me however I am in need of $400 dollars to help with the deposit.I have the rest of the money except the last four hundred of it any help would be appriciated.Thank You.
Talk to B4byg1rl78